First, in a bowl add in oats.
And stir in all the other ingredients.
In an oven (or microwave) proof bowl, add in apple slices.
And sprinkle with oats mixture.
Now microwave or bake it. Both, microwaved one and bake one, are totally yummy. Fall is more beautiful with a bowl of warm apple crisp full of cinnamon flavor. Warm apple crisp should be served with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (gram/ cup)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats (I used rolled oats for oven baking and quick oats for microwaving.)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a mixing bowl, add in 2 tablespoons of quick or rolled oats, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter, and ⅛ teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix until combined. Quick 1 minute oats are ok but I like rolled oats for apple crisp.
- 2. Add in thinly sliced one apple into a baking dish and sprinkle with oats mixture. Apple slices will reduce by half in size after baking.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 360 degrees F. (180 C) for about 35 minutes, or until the apple is tender.
- Meantime, in a microwavable cup, add in thinly sliced 1 apple and cover with plastic wrap. And microwave for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with oats mixture evenly on top. This is exactly the same recipe with oven baked apple crisp. And microwave for 1 minute. Then another 30 seconds. And final 30 seconds. Total microwaving time is 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Let cool for about 20 minutes before serving.