Hi, I am Eugenie. Today is for another microwave cake in a mug: Chocolate Bread Pudding. Bread pudding is a great way to use stale bread. Be creative with your bread pudding by adding raisins, nuts, bananas, etc.
A bread pudding in a mug. Yes, it’s time for quick chocolate fix! Never forget chocolate sauce.
I love ever so soft bread pudding with melted dark chocolate and rich chocolate sauce. You can also serve with my French salted caramel. I have both chocolate sauce and salted caramel in separate videos.
For baking, find my chocolate cinnamon bread pudding recipe at eugeniekitchen.com, which was really popular last January.
If you a fan of cake in a mug, I have two more recipes: chocolate cake and nutella cake. There is feedback from many students and children; they like both making and tasting of mug cakes.
First, add in buttered bread cubes in a microwave-safe cup. Stale bread is perfect for bread pudding.
Then add in chopped chocolate.
Some cinnamon would be perfect.
Mix 1 egg, sugar, and milk.
Microwave and then serve with thick chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 slice sandwich bread, stale or fresh (or any bread of similar texture)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chocolate, chopped, dark or semi-sweet
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. First, spread 2 teaspoons of softened butter on 1 slice of sandwich bread. I don’t add cream in the batter today, so decent amount of butter is a definite must for this recipe. And slice the bread into small squares. And add in a mug. Just 1 bread is enough for one cup. And tall mugs are not recommended. Relatively wide ones are good like this. Then distribute 2 tablespoons of chopped chocolate between breads. I love this Nestle dark chocolate, chocolat noir. And dust with ground cinnamon.
- 2. In a cup, crack in an egg and add in 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Then cream together until white. Make sure sugar is completely incorporated. Then add in ⅓ cup of milk and stir until homogeneously combined. And carefully pour over the bread in the mug.
- 3. Now microwave for 1 minute. Then another 30 seconds. If the pudding is still liquidy, repeat microwaving for only 20 seconds each time until done. Microwaving time varies depending on an oven. It took me 2 minutes and 10 seconds today. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve when still hot.