Hi, Today I made quick and easy snack, chocolate chip muffins.
For this recipe, I used vegetable oil instead of butter to make my muffins more moist. And I added small chocolate chips for filling and decorated the top with roughly chopped dark chocolate bar for more tempting look.
Okay, let’s get cooking!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 – 25 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, medium-sized
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (112g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (95ml)
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk (190ml)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate bar roughly chopped (60g)
- Light brown sugar, optional
First, line muffin pan with liners.
In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and baking powder and whisk to combine; set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, break in an egg. Add in sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until white.
Now add in vegetable oil and milk. And whisk until combined.
Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
Add in milk mixture and lightly stir just until combined.
Finally add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
*If it’s mixed too much, excess gluten will be formed and the muffins will turn out tough.
The batter should be a little lumpy and quite liquidy.
Then distribute in muffin molds. Fill only 2/3 of each mold.
Bake at 400 degrees F (200C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Let cool on a wired rack for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with light brown sugar (optional) and serve.