I love the rich banana flavor of this gorgeous banana cake. Cinnamon gives it a kick. Everybody loves when it is served with cream cheese frosting.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: about 1 hour
- 1 4/5 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled (200g)
- 3/5 cup caster sugar (135g)
- 2 egg, medium-size, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/5 cup all-purpose flour, sifted (300g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe large bananas, mashed
- 2/5 cup whole milk (100ml)
- 2 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips (40g)
For cream cheese frosting:
- 6 oz creamcheese, softened (170g)
- 1 half-stick unsalted butter, softened (110g)
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted (80g)
Preparation Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter and flour the pan; set aside.
Prepare dry ingredients In a mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon; set aside.
Prepare wet ingredients In another mixing bowl, add in eggs, caster sugar, vanilla extract, salt and whisk until white. Then pour in melted butter and blend rigorously until homogeneously mixed. Finally add in milk and stir to combined.
Combine all ingredients Add in wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir just until combined. Then add in mashed bananas and chocolate chips and stir lightly. And fill only 2/3 of the pan with the batter.
Bake Bake at 350 degrees F. (180 C.) for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 320 degrees F. (160 C.) and cook for another 30 minutes, or until an inserted wooden stick comes out clean. Let cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
Make cream cheese frosting With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then add in confectioners’ sugar and beat until creamy.
If you want cupcake-size banana cakes, bake for 25-30 minutes.
If you use very ripe bananas, reduce sugar amount a little. If your bananas are not ripe yet, increase sugar by about 10%.