Half and Half is consisted of half light cream and half milk. It is widely available in America and Canada but in your country you might be having hard time finding it. In that case half and half substitute recipe is indispensable.
Now we should make half and half, a dairy product of which butter content is about 12 percent.
- 1 cup whole milk which has 3% fat content
- 4 teaspoons of melted unsalted butter
- 1. Take out 4 teaspoons of milk in the cup of milk.
- 2. Add in the melted butter.
- (alternatively, you can add butter first in a cup and pour milk to make 1 cup.)
You can use it for cooking and baking, not for whipping.
Good to know
Minimum fat percentages in various creams are as follows:
Half and half: 10.5–18%
Light cream: 18–30%
Light whipping cream: 30-36%
Heavy cream (=heavy whipping cream): 36%+
Clotted cream: 55%