Transform plain sandwich bread into a fancy dessert!
Today I am making Honey Bread (Brick Toast), which is so popular at cafes in Korea. It seems all cafes make honey bread except Starbucks here.
Popular Korean café dessert, honey bread. This is a simple and quick way to make a dessert with sandwich bread
Bon appetit. Generous amount of whipped cream, honey and butter transformed plain sandwich bread into a fancy dessert. Would you prefer a big scoop of ice cream with this?
- 2 ½ inch thick unsliced sandwich bread (6cm thick)
- 1½ tablespoons acacia honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30g)
- Ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- 1. Slice unsliced sandwich bread in 2 ½ inch thick. (6cm) And inside of the bread, make 2 incisions horizontally and another 2 incisions vertically. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through. Square shaped sandwich bread is normally used for Korean honey bread.
- 2. Drizzle 1 ½ tablespoons of honey in the incisions. Today I am using acacia honey. You can use any, but make sure your honey is light in color and doesn’t have strong flavor (arome). Then evenly spread 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter on all over the top generously.
- 3. Now bake at 360 degrees F. (180C) for 10 minutes.
- 4. To serve, dust with ground cinnamon. Then decorate with whipped cream on top. Normally a spray whipped cream is used for honey bread. Finally drizzle chocolate sauce on top.