Satisfy your lemon craving with this sweet dessert with strong flavor and taste. This is a lemon tart without tart crust!
Easy English Lemon Pudding Recipe
For 4 persons
Difficulty level: Easy to average
Baking time: 30 min
- 80 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, egg yolks and whites are seperated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 3 g baking powder
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 210 ml milk
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting, optional
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
2. In a large mixing bowl stir in butter, lemon zest, sugar, and two egg yolks.
3. Sift flour and baking powder and whisk until well combined.
4. Pour in flour mixture into wet mixture(2) and whisk until homogeneous. Add in milk slowly stirring continuously.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks. Then delicately stir in half of egg white into mixture (4). Then stir in the other half. Be careful not to break the egg white mousse.
6. Divide the batter and fill in the ramekins. And put them in a large plate half full of boiling water. Place the plate in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the surface become swollen and golden brown. The top of pudding should be slightly crusty and the bottom should be custard-like.
7. Out of oven, cool the ramekins completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioner’s sugar over pudding and serve.