Hi, everyone! Today I’m making meringue candies and meringue mushrooms for Christmas. Easy, simple, and delicious. Just try this easy 2-ingredient French meringue recipe.
It’s easy to make 2-ingredient meringues. The surface of meringue should be smooth enough and the bottom should be clean. And the inside is completely dry. You can also make meringue mushrooms (dusted with cocoa powder). Just use melted white chocolate to put a stem and a cap together.
French meringue with whipped cream are very good. This recipe is a must for holidays.
So, let’s get started!
First, beat the egg whites. It’s good to use egg whites at room temperature to make meringue.
Then add in sugar.
Continue whisking until silky and shiny.
Now it’s French meringue with soft peaks.
Pipe on a non-stick pan or parchment paper lined pan. I’m starting with mushrooms.
Then star-shaped meringues.
Now bake at 180 degrees F. (80 C.) for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours. And completely dry in the oven for 3-5 hours with the door closed. Probably waiting for meringue to dry is the hardest part of making meringue.
For star-shaped meringue, pipe in whipped cream on one side and make a meringue sandwiches.
And use white chocolate to make mushrooms.
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 1. In a mixing bowl break in 2 egg whites at room temperature. Whisk until peaks.
- 2. And add in ½ cup of granulated sugar little by little whisking in between until completely incorporated. I am using Rose for different color today.
- 3. Pipe on a cookie pan, non-stick or parchment paper lined pan. I am using a star tip. Also make mushrooms with a round tip: stems and caps. Caps and stems. You can pipe meringue close to each other because meringue doesn’t spread in the oven.
- 4. Bake at 180 degrees F. (80 C.) for 1 hour and turn off the oven. And dry in the oven for 3 hours with door closed.