How about making unique homemade holiday gifts and treats this Christmas?
So, let’s get started!
First, soften the butter.
For this, the butter should be at room temperature.
And sift in confectioners’ sugar and add in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
Whisk to combine.
Then sift in cake flour.
Then fold until combined.
And knead to make cookie dough.
Now I will make colored dough with food colors: green, red, and black.
Kneading is good, because it will prevent forming gluten. No one wants tough cookies. ?We are making French ‘sable (sands)’ cookies after all.
Now cover with plastic bags or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until the dough is chilled.
Now make 0.4 inch thick dough.
I use steel sticks when rolling.
And I use booklets to make 0.2 inch thick sheets.
And use egg white as a glue between the bricks when building Creepers.
Please watch the video above to learn how to build Creepers. The measurements are in the video.
Then carefully wrap the Creeper with a green dough sheet.
I’m the happiest when the shape of cookie turns out perfect like photos below. :)
It’s a lovely Creeper santa, isn’t it?
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (170g) at room temperature
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar (155g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 ½ cups cake flour (310g)
- Food colors: green, black, red
- Soften the butter.
- Sift in confectioners' sugar. Then add in vanilla and a pinch of salt. And whisk to combine.
- Add in 3 egg yolks and stir until combined.
- Sift in the cake flour and fold until roughly combined.
- Transfer to a clean working surface and knead to form a homogeneous cookie dough.
- And follow the Video instructions to make Creeper santa shape.
- Slice the cookie dough.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 340 degrees F. (170 C.) for about 10-12 minutes.
Serve those Minecraft cookies with a cup of warm milk. Children will love’em!
Also those cute little green Creeper santas will look good on any Christmas tree.
Who can resist this?
I hope you enjoy those Minecraft Creeper santas as much as I do.
Thanks and happy holidays!
CHECK OUT MORE SLICE & BAKE COOKIES BY EUGENIE KITCHEN!