Everybody loves cheesecakes. And I love cold or frozen no-bake cheesecakes! These little cupcake-sized cakes are just perfect for a simple dessert after dinner any day. Today I added dark chocolate (50% cacao) topping to make them even more delicious.
How about these easy and quick no-bake mini cheesecakes for weekend cooking project this week?
For 6 cupcake size mini cheesecakes
Prep time: 40 min
Resting time: 3 hours to overnight
For the base:
- 3.5 oz digestive biscuits (or graham crackers) (100g)
- 1/2 half stick unsalted butter, melted (30g)
For the filling:
- 5.5 oz cream cheese, softened (155g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped (120ml)
- 2/5 cup confectioners’ sugar (50g)
- 2 oz pitted cherries, canned, drained and chopped (60g)
For the topping (optional) :
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (30g)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon unslated butter (15g)
Prepare the pan Line cupcake pan with liners.
Make the base Put the digestive crackers in a zip bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Then add the fine crumbs in a mixing bowl and stir in butter until damp dough-like consistency. Then distribute the batter evenly into the cupcake molds and press down to form a hard crust. Let cool in the refrigerator.
Make the filling Beat the cream cheese until soft. Add in lemon juice, vanilla extract, whipped cream and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until the batter becomes thick. Add in chopped cherries and lightly stir just until combined. *Be careful, liquid in cherries will come out if you stir too much. Pour the batter over the crust. Chill in the refrigerator for three hours to overnight.
Make chocolate topping (optional) In a double boiler or bain-marie, melt chocolate, cream, and butter and stir to combined. Spread melted chocolate over the top of cheesecake and chill them in the refrigerator to set.