This DIY rainbow on clouds French butter cookie recipe is for any special day. Slice & bake cookie rolls freeze well. Make them in advance for next party.
“Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – The Wizard of Oz
This delicious slice & bake cookie recipe is based on French butter cookies like all my slice & bake cookies. Who will resist those crumbly cookies with full of buttery flavor? And even each cookie has a rainbow on clouds on it. How cute!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (170g), softened
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar (155g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 ½ cups cake flour (310g)
- Food colors
- Egg wash: 1 egg white & 1 teaspoon water
- Check out Eugenie Cookie for dough recipe: http://bit.ly/eugeniecookie
- Follow the instructions in the video above.
CHECK OUT MORE SLICE & BAKE COOKIES BY EUGENIE KITCHEN!
I have a few more slice & bake cookie designs but I will not post too crafty recipes any time soon. I do love making slice & bake cookies but editing such videos is draining. So I decided to cook for joy once again, not for crafty cooking video production. I will focus on more approachable and enticing recipes this year. So please come join my delicious journey of year 2016. Happy new year!