Hi, I am Eugenie. Today I am making Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. This is from Abruzzo region of Italy. It’s a simple express pasta dish. With a salad and bread, it can be an emergency meal. And I like it as an accompaniment to some chicken, duck, fish, etc.
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Recipe
for 2 persons
- ½ pound dried spaghetti (227g)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– These are for basic spaghetti aglio e olio.
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
– First, bring water to a boil.
– Now add 1 tablespoon of salt and pasta.
“Cook pasta one minute less than the package instructions. And cook the pasta in the simmering sauce for one minute, which is what Mario Batali said.”
– OK, now set aside ½ cup pasta cooking water and drain.
Saute garlic in oil
– Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
– Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. The garlic should be pale gold. Be careful not to overcook it.
– Add the pasta, red pepper, parsley and the reserved pasta cooking water. And toss for 2 more minutes, or until liquid is reduced by about a half.
– Serve immediately when hot.
Voila! Here goes the simplest and most basic Italian pasta: Spaghetti aglio e olio.
Serve with parmesan cheese.
Buon appetito. I love my pasta al dente.
Today was past lunch and this weekend get my schedule for next week at Facebook and Instagram.
Thank you for watching. Bye for now!