Don’t you have cake flour? Don’t worry. You can make it easily with all-purpose flour and corn starch at home in no time.
Cake flour contains less protein (8%) comparing to all-purpose flour (10-11%). So today I am going to make cake flour substitute by reducing the percentage of protein in flour and aerating by sifting many times.
Here goes the cake flour substitute. It’s an easy and very good substitute.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1. First, from 1 cup of all-purpose flour, take out 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 2. Then add 2 tablespoons of corn starch in the flour.
- 3. And sift the flour and corn starch together. I am sifting on a paper today. This way it’s easier to gather the flour for the second round.
- 4. Repeat the process. I sifted 4 times. Now the corn starch and flour are incorporated and aerated very well.
P.S. I always have all sorts of flour at home, so I really didn’t have to think about cake flour substitute. But there are so many questions about that from viewers who watched recipe videos using cake flour such as cupcakes, profiterole, etc. So I made this. I hope you find this helpful!