- 1 cup heavy cream, cold (240ml)
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) sweetened condensed milk, cold (76g)*
- 4 1/2 teaspoons green tea powder (12g)
- First, mix 4 ½ teaspoons of green tea powder in 3 tablespoons of hot water and let cool.
- Then whip 1 cup of cold heavy cream until stiff. Heavy cream contains more than 36% of milk fat and should be whipped to stiff without sugar.
- Now mix green tea mixture with ½ cup of cold sweetened condensed milk.
- And add in green tea and (sweetened) condensed milk mixture into heavy cream and fold carefully until combined. Now transfer to a container, plastic or baking pan. And cover with plastic wrap. Then freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Commercial green tea ice cream (e.g. Haagen Dazs) is not really sweet but if you like sweet ice cream, increase the amount of sweetened condensed milk to your taste.
Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract for additional flavor.