Quick and easy fresh lemon pasta with parmesan for side dish for diner or express lunch.
This is one of the first pasta I made when I was a student. First I was dubious but once I made I instantly fell in love with this simple pasta: fresh lemon and grated parmesan go perfectly well with each other.
To make this express pasta, first cook your choice of pasta. Today I used multi-color fusilli but tagliatelle is usually used for lemon parmesan pasta in France. In the pan, melt the butter. And mix in butter, heavy cream, lemon zest and lemon juice. Finally stir in the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Grate parmesan cheese over the top and serve. This is great as a quick lunch for lemon lovers. Also this will make a perfect side dish for turkey or chicken breast.
- 4 oz pasta (110g)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60ml)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Parmesan cheese as much as you want
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Cook pasta according to the directions of the package. Drain the pasta.
- 2. In the same pan used for (1), melt the butter over low heat. And mix in heavy cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir in the pasta and parmesan cheese.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper. Grate more parmesan cheese over the top and serve.