Hi, I am Eugenie. Today I am making Shibuya honey toast, Japanese brick toast, the Shokudo style.
So let’s build a modern dessert building, Shibuya honey toast!
First prepare the molds with a block of sandwich bread.
And slice the inner part of the bread into squares. And spread butter inside of the molds and squares.
Toast the breads.
Now fill the bread box with bread squares and banana slices.
I love vanilla flavored warm honey toast with cold ice cream. Yum.
And the steak knife is to slice the crust of like this. Thank you for watching. Bye
- 5-inch thick unsliced sandwich bread (10 cm thick)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened (76g)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50g; 4 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 wafer sticks for decoration, optional
- First, slice 5-inch thick unsliced sandwich bread in half. Then cut out a square: make 2 incisions vertically on top and another 2 incisions horizontally. Make sure to leave about 1 inch from the edges and bottom of the bread. For the first brick, make an incision on one side, 1 inch from the bottom, leaving 1 inch from the corners as well. It should look like a container like this. For the other brick, just cut out a square leaving 1 inch from the edges. Now set aside the 2 bricks. And cut the rest into small cubes.
- Then in a mixing bowl of ⅓ cup of softened unsalted butter, add in ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. And whisk until homogeneous.
- Spread the butter mixture inside of the bricks and also spread on all the small cubes.
- Then bake in the oven preheated to 360 degrees F. (180C.) for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To build a Japanese honey toast, first, fill the inside of the brick with bottom with bread cubes and banana slices. Today I am using bananas but of course you can add any fruit of your choice. And drizzle honey on top. And place the hollow brick over the first brick, twisting slightly. And again fill it with bread cubes and banana slices. Today I will add in 2 wafer sticks for decoration. And place 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream on top. And drizzle honey all over. And don’t forget to serve with a steak knife or a small bread knife!