Ripe bananas for 3-ingredient banana pancakes
Here goes a quick, easy, flourless and low-calorie banana breakfast in a snap. Serve this gluten-free and healthy banana pancakes with maple syrup and please everyone. For this 3-ingredient recipe, you will need only banana, eggs, and baking powder.
Blueberries are always good with pancakes. Yum.
Ok, let’s begin. First, break 2 eggs and stir in baking powder. If you don’t add baking powder, that will be 100% natural version. Then it will feel like banana omelets rather than pancakes.
Then mash bananas. A bit coarsely. Be careful not to use too much banana. And there should be enough egg to hold mashed banana together.
Combine all together.
When the baking powder is activated, flip it over and cook for about one minute more. I admit that flipping the pancakes could be tricky. So use only 1 or 2 tablespoons of batter for each mini pancake. Remember the smaller, the more manageable the pancakes are. You might need to practice to make banana pancakes like boss.
Voila, easy and simple 3-ingredient breakfast. I love stacked pancakes. They are much better with butter, maple syrup, and blueberries. This banana pancakes have very light texture because there is no flour in it. It makes simple and healthy breakfast.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes Recipe
For 10 mini pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 large bananas, ripe to overripe (200g; 7 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Maple syrup, butter, or blueberries, to serve
1. In a mixing bowl, crack in the eggs and add in baking powder. And whisk to combine.
2. In another bowl add in 1 1/2 large bananas. Lightly mash with a potato masher or a fork, but not too much. There should be chunks of bananas to make fluffy pancakes. And use only ripe bananas.
3. Pour wet mixture into mashed bananas and stir to combine.
4. In a frying pan, cook mini pancakes over a medium low heat. 1 or 2 tablespoons of batter is enough for each mini pancake. When the baking powder is activated, flip it over and cook for about one minute more. Serve immediately when hot.
* You might want to watch the demo video above.