You don’t need any appliances to make these easy eggless chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. Plus the cupcake itself is moderately sweet, which is perfect with rose-shaped sweet buttercream icing on top. These chocolate rose cupcakes are perfect for your Valentine.
Eggless chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting! Aren’t they beautiful? This will make great chocolate Valentine’s Day present.
So, let’s get started. First, start with cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Then sift in dry ingredients: cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Then add in milk.
Mix all together until smooth.
Bake in the oven preheated to 360° F. (180° C.) for about 20 minutes.
Finally decorate the cupcakes with frosting. Wilton 2D is perfect for roses.
I love this. The delicate cupcake is not really sweet, so it goes perfectly with sweet frosting.Print
- 3/4 cup cake flour (94g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (18g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (42g )
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Extra 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, to adjust thickness of batter
For chocolate buttercream frosting:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (75g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (12g)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted (125g)
- 1–2 tablespoons milk (15-30ml), to adjust
- PREPARE THE DRY – Sift dry ingredients: cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. And set aside.
- PREPARE THE WET – In a mixing bowl, add in soften unsalted butter and make it pomade. Then add in granulated sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Then add in pure vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- FINISH THE BATTER – Add in only a half of sifted dry ingredients and a half of milk. And whisk until homogeneous. And add in the remaining dry ingredients and another half of the milk and stir until very smooth and homogeneous. Adjust the thickness of batter with one or two tablespoons of milk.
- BAKE – Divide the batter among the cupcake molds. Fill only 2/3 full. Bake in the oven preheated to 360° F. (180° C.) for about 20 minutes. Out of oven, let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and transfer to a wire rack and completely cool.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING – In a mixing bowl add in softened unsalted butter and make it pomade. Then sift in unsweetened cocoa powder and fold until combined. And sift in a half of confectioners’ sugar and fold until mixed. Then finally add remaining half of the confectioners’ sugar and fold until homogeneous. And adjust the thickness of frosting by adding one or two tablespoons of milk. It should be easily spreadable.
- DECORATE – Pastry tip “Wilton 2D” should make perfect roses. Start piping in the middle and slowly pipe around until you cover the whole surface of cupcake. Just pipe with confidence.