I have a hot drink in the afternoon. And this is one of my favorites. Plus, it’s quick and easy!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (80g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Store in an air-tight jar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix in hot milk (1 cup; 240ml), microwaved or boiled.
Hot chocolate and hot cocoa is used interchangeably. But strictly speaking, in hot chocolate there is melted chocolate in it and in hot cocoa, there is no chocolate.
To make just one cup of hot cocoa, stir 2 ts. unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 Ts sugar, pinch salt, and pinch cinnamon in 1 cup of hot milk. Adjust sugar as you like.
The ratio of cocoa and sugar is 5:2.