Today I am making 5-ingredient quick and easy no-bake chocolate pie, tarte au chocolat. It takes a few hours to set, but other than that this no-bake pie is just a snap. Crumbly crust goes perfectly with heavenly creamy chocolate filling. Make this and enjoy luxurious chocolate pie with a cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy!
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Pie
First, make no-bake crust with graham crackers (or Digestive cracker) and melted butter.
In a pan add in butter, sugar, chocolate, and cream and bring it to a boil.
This filling will also make delicious chocolate dip for biscuits and bread.
To serve, I am dusting with unsweetened cocoa powder and decorating with a gold ball.
- 4 oz graham cracker (112g)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (72g), melted
- 6.7 oz dark chocolate (190g) (for Hershey’s baking chips, it’s 1 cup and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (13g)
- ⅔ cup whipping cream (160ml)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (36g)
- First, put digestive crackers or graham crackers in a zip bag and finely crush with a rolling pin. You can also use a food processer. And transfer the cookie crumbs into a bowl and pour in the melted unsalted butter. And mix until homogenous. Place a sheet of parchment paper inside of a pan. And add the mixture in the pan and press down firmly to make a tart crust. Then store in the refrigerator.
- Add dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. And pour whipping cream in a thick-bottomed sauce pan and add in unsalted butter and granulated sugar. And over medium heat, melt the butter and bring the mixture into a boil. When big bubbles start to appear, remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour the cream mixture into the chocolate chips. Then cover the bowl with a plate. Let stand for 5 minutes. The chocolate will melt during the time. And stir the mixture until silky and homogenous.
- Fill the chocolate mixture into the now-chilled tart crust. And let cool in the refrigerator until set. Out of refrigerator, run the back of a knife around the tart to loosen from rim of pan. And remove the tart from the pan. Keep refrigerated before serving.