Hi, I’m Eugenie. Can’t believe that we have only 4 days left in 2014! I wish you finish 2014 well. And now I am giving you this rainbow meringue cookies post to enjoy. Happy holidays!
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Food colors
- 1. In a mixing bowl break in 2 egg whites at room temperature. Whisk until peaks.
- 2. And add in ½ cup of granulated sugar little by little whisking in between until completely incorporated.
- 3. Divide the meringue into 7 portion. And make colored meringue using rainbow food colors.
- 4. Transfer to pastry bags and pipe rainbows on clouds according to the video above on the parchment paper lined pans.
- 5. Bake at 180 degrees F. (80 C.) for 1½ hours and turn off the oven. And dry in the oven for 3 hours with door closed.