Here goes the quick, easy, flavorful bread to accompany soup. Serve your soup with garlic cheese baguette croutons and make it a complete meal!
Don’t throw away stale baguette. Make croutons! And enjoy your soup with crisp baguette croutons seasoned with garlic and parmesan cheese.
For today’s croutons, make seasoning first by mixing olive oil, finely minced garlic, and salt. Surely butter can be used instead of olive oil.
Brush olive oil mixture on baguette slices. And sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or your choice of cheese.
Bake in the oven preheated to 390° for about 5 minutes, or until the edges are brown.
Enjoy your soup or stew with thin and crisp croutons!
- ½ baguette
- ¼ cup olive oil (60ml)
- ½ clove garlic, finely minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese, or your choice of cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 390° F. (200° C.)
- 2. Slice baguette thinly and arrange on a parchment paper lined baking pan.
- 3. Mix olive oil, salt, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- 4. Brush the oil mixture on bread slices. Grate parmesan cheese over the bread.
- 5. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the edges are brown.