Easy, yet fancy. Ready in 20 minutes. This delicious baked Brie caramelized with honey recipe is a perfect cheese appetizer for any occasion!
I love cheese. I love Brie. This cheese of cow’s milk is soft, delicious, and super gooey when warm. I really love it, yet I admit it’s not for everybody due to its distinctive smell. Yes, Brie is an acquired taste. However everyone will love Brie if it’s baked with honey, nuts, and fruits. Just serve with crackers or French bread. YUM!
The whitish moldy rind of Brie is completely edible but I remove the top. This way I will enjoy more of gooey cheese inside and also this will shorten the baking time.
Then I drizzle the honey on the top of the Brie generously. I love caramelized honey on cheese. So delicious!
I bake the cheese one more time with assorted toasted nuts, dried fruits, and additional honey on top. Today I’m using blueberries, cranberries, almonds, cashew nuts, and walnuts.
Voila, super gooey caramelized cheese which will please virtually everyone for any occasion. Just don’t forget to serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Now enjoy this mellow cheese with caramelized topping. Bon appetit!
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup assorted toasted nuts and dried fruits
- Crackers or baguette slices, to serve
- Remove the top rim of the cheese.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 1/8 cup of honey on top of cheese.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 380 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle toasted nuts and dried fruits on top of the cheese and drizzle the remaining honey over toppings.
- Put in the same oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes.