Forget about heading to Starbucks for coffee fix and make your own copycat Starbucks caramel Frappuccino at home!
Caramel Frappuccino! Convenient homemade Starbucks fix at home. Icy Frappuccinos are the best summer treat. * Starbucks at home recipes are copycat clones, not Starbucks propriety recipes.
Frappuccinos is one of the reasons we love summer! To make caramel Frappuccinos, just add all the ingredients in the blender and blend. A heavy duty blender or an ice blender would be great for Frappuccinos.
* This recipe was featured on ABC Good Morning America 10/29/2014.
- 1 cup large ice cubes
- 2 shots espresso, cooled (or ⅓ cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled)
- ½ cup milk, cold
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons caramel syrup (45ml)
- Xanthan gum, optional
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- * When large ice cubes are used, there will be less than 10 cubes for each drink.
- In a blender, add in 1 cup of large ice cubes and 2 shots of espresso. You can also use ⅓ cup of strongly brewed coffee. If you use Nespresso capsules like me, I recommend that you use capsules of mild intensity. Then ½ cup of cold milk, any milk as you want. Add in 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce. And add in 3 tablespoons of caramel syrup depending on your preference. Then add in just a pinch of xanthan gum, which is optional. Actually these days I use Xanthan gum quite frequently because it is also used in milkshake, ice cream, and gluten-free cooking for better texture.
- Pulse and blend. It should take about 30 seconds.
- For finishing touch, top with whipped cream and drizzle homemade caramel sauce.