Make your own Starbucks iced caramel macchiato at home. And forget about heading to the nearest Starbucks shop for coffee fix. This homemade Starbucks copycat recipe is quick and easy. Plus, making a Starbucks style homemade coffee beverage is a good way to save time and money!
Today I’m making one of my favorite Starbucks drinks and their best seller, iced caramel macchiato at home. You probably guessed when I made vanilla syrup and caramel sauce this week. A cold and sweet macchiato is a perfect drink on any hot summer day.
What is Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato?
Iced caramel macchiato at Starbucks outlet is a full-bodied espresso combined with vanilla-flavored syrup, milk, ice cubes, and caramel sauce drizzle on top. With bolder flavors and caffeine, macchiato is is a stronger coffee drink than a latte.
Due to added vanilla syrup and caramel, the caramel macchiato is often an easy choice for the beginning coffee drinker. Even though iced caramel macchiato is hot coffee beverage, it doesn’t have strong coffee flavor and at the same time it handles sweet cravings like a champ with its caramel finish. In fact iced caramel macchiato is one of the sweetest iced coffee beverages at Starbucks.
Ingredients to Make at Home
The ingredients are: coffee, milk, vanilla syrup, caramel sauce, and ice cubs.
- Coffee: I recommend bold coffee such as espresso shots and strongly brewed coffee. Decaf works as well. But if there is no real coffee bean or ground coffee available, you can use strong instant coffee, too.
- Milk: It is up to your preference. Personally I like full fat milk always but all range of milk and milk alternative which Starbucks has at their outlets are ok. Starbucks offers 6 different milk options that you can use to make espresso beverage. There are three dairy options such as non-fat milk, 2% milk and whole milk. And Starbucks’ three non-dairy options are soy milk, almond milk and coconut milk.
- Vanilla flavored syrup: I use homemade Starbucks vanilla syrup but store-bought syrup works, too.
- Caramel sauce: Caramel sauce is a must for this recipe. However if you don’t have read-made caramel sauce or thick syrup at home, try my homemade Starbucks caramel sauce recipe.
- Ice cubes: 1 inch by 1 inch ice cubes are convenient for easy measurement for this recipe.
* This recipe is a copycat drink for you to enjoy at home: it is not Starbucks propriety recipe.
Do You Know?Many people are confused and not sure about difference between iced caramel macchiato and iced caramel latte. The major difference is sweetener. Caramel macchiato is made with two sweeteners: vanilla syrup is used in the drink and a drizzle of caramel sauce is added on top. On the other hand, only caramel syrup is added in caramel latte.
How to Make Homemade Starbucks Copycat
Add all the ingredients in a serving cup one by one: vanilla flavored syrup, ice cubes, milk, and coffee. Then finish with a drizzle caramel sauce on top.Print
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup (20ml)
- 1 cup ice cubes, large
- 1 cup milk, cold (240ml)
- 2 shots espresso (or 80ml strongly brewed coffee)
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon caramel sauce (20ml)
- In a serving cup, add in ice, vanilla syrup, cold milk, and espresso.
- Blend until smooth.
- Finally drizzle caramel sauce on top.