Rainbow mille crepe cake can make a great yule log cake, too. This log cake is also called, “Alice in Wonderland”.
First, start by trimming the crepes. You can find the rainbow mille crepe recipe here. https://eugeniekitchen.com/rainbow-mille-crepe-cake/ Or watch the video recipe below:
And make a rainbow cake with crepes and whipped cream.
Then let set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Make chocolate whipped cream with whipped cream and melted semi-sweet chocolate.
Then spread chocolate whipped cream on the sides of the cake.
Then make log patterns with a fork.
And spread whipped cream on top.
Make annual rings with melted chocolate.
Finally decorate with meringue mushrooms.
And yay! It snowed first time this winter today.Print
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar (40g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (30ml)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted and cooled (55g)
- 2 cups milk (adjust the amount according to the thickness of the batter) (500ml)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- Melted chocolate, for deco
Whipped cream filling:
- 2 cups whipping cream (500ml)
- ¼ cup sugar (50g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5ml)
Chocolate whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (25g)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (40g)
- 3 eggs
- 130g sugar
- Chocolate, melted
- Food color, optional
Rainbow mille crepes
- 1. Start by trimming the crepes. You can find my rainbow mille crepe recipe here.
- 2. Make a rainbow cake with crepes and whipped cream.
- 3. Let set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Chocolate whipped cream
- 4. Whip whipping cream. Mix in 1/4 of whipped cream into melted semi-sweet chocolate. Then transfer all the chocolate mixture into whipped cream and whisk until combined.
Build the cake
- 5. Spread chocolate whipped cream on the sides of the cake.
- 6. Make log patterns with a fork.
- 7. Thinly spread whipped cream on top.
- 8. Make annual rings with melted chocolate.
- 9. Whip egg whites until foamy. Gradually add in sugar into a stand mixer. Keep whisking until stickty and shiny.
- 10. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a round pastry tip. Pipe on a parchment paper lined pan.
- 11. Bake at 200 degrees F. (100 degrees C.) for 1 1/2 hours. And dry meringues in the oven with the door closed for 3 hours, or until dry.
- 12. Make meringue mushrooms using chocolate as glue.
- 13. Decorate the cake with mushroom meringues.
- 14. Serve with ice cream, jam, chocolate/nutella sauce, syrup, etc.
Watch the video
- Serving Size: 4