Here comes the churros French toast with Nutella sauce! Ready in 20 minutes with everyday ingredients. This is an ultimate yet easiest Sunday brunch for churros fans like me. Yum! :)
When you have stale bread, don’t throw away. Stale bread is perfect for lazy Sunday brunch if you make French toast. And if you are a big fan of both Nutella and churros, this cinnamon sugar coated French toast will make your day.
Let’s start Sunday with warm French toast. How delicious!
For churros French toast with Nutella sauce, I will make simple Nutella sauce with Nutella and heavy cream. Just add the two ingredients in a microwavable bowl or cup, and zap in the microwave for 15 sec. And stir until homogeneous.
Then make cinnamon sugar with ground cinnamon and granulated sugar.
Now add in 2 eggs, sugar, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Then mix in milk and vanilla. Then beat until homogeneous.
Now dip a bread slice into the egg-milk mixture and pan-fry using only 1/2 tablespoon of butter for each slice. When the French toast is done, finally sprinkle generously cinnamon sugar on top. Think Churros. Then flip it over, and repeat.
I have to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and Nutella sauce. I just can’t help.
Voila! Don’t forget to drizzle delicious Nutella sauce on top.
Voila! Stale bread, pain perdu in French, is now once again alive. Bon appetit!
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 4 slices of thick bread
- In a small bowl, add in Nutella and heavy cream; microwave for 15 seconds and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix in sugar and ground cinnamon; set a side.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in eggs, sugar, and salt; beat until well mixed. Then add in vanilla and milk; beat until homogeneous.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Deep slices of bread in the wet mixture one by one, and cook until golden brown for about 2 minutes for each side.
- Finally sprinkle cinnamon sugar generously on top of the bread and flip it over. Repeat on the other side.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with Nutella chocolate sauce and serve with ice cream.
- Cuisine: French