Make truffle chocolate with this easy brigadeiro recipe. This quick no-bake Brazilian dessert will be a great guest pleaser for any party. Children will also love to make these during holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It’s easy to make 3-ingredient brigadeiro truffles. You can decorate truffles with green tea powder, grated coconut, chopped walnuts, chopped pistachio, strawberry chocolate, etc. My favorite is pistachio. Brigadeiro is creamy like chocolate ganache.
- 12 oz sweetened condensed milk (340g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Extra butter for your palms
- Extra sifted unsweetened cocoa to coat truffle chocolate
- Coconut, grated
- Green tea powder
- Chopped nuts such as walnuts, peanuts, pistachio, etc
- Chopped chocolate with various flavorings
- 1. First, sift 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 2. Then add 12 oz of sweetened condensed milk in a thick-bottom sauce pan. Add in the sifted cocoa powder.
- 3. And over medium heat stir with a wooden stick until combined. Now add in 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and stir continuously until butter is melt. When it boils, stir rigorously until the mixture thickens like this.
- 4. Then transfer to a heat-proof bowl and let cool. This is brigadeiro.
- 5. Rub butter on your palms. And make truffles with a teaspoonful of brigadeiro. Butter will prevent brigadeiro from sticking to your palms.
- 6. Then roll it in the sifted unsweetened cocoa powder.