1-minute microwave chocolate chip cookie is an ultimate comfort food in a snap.
This quick and easy individual chocolate chip cookie will be ready in a few minutes with small amount of a few ingredients. It’s an eggless and leavening agent-free cookie-in-mug. Do you prefer oven-baking? I also have oven baking option.
Let’s dig in. First, mix light brown sugar and melted unsalted butter.
Stir in milk and vanilla.
Finally stir in flour.
Then chocolate chips. Make sure to use delicious premium chocolate.
Prepare microwaving by shaping cookie with a spatula or a spoon. This recipe is just for 1 cookie.
Zap. It takes about 1 minute for me with a 700W microwave oven. But check out your oven’s wattage and power and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
After 20 minutes the cookie’s still warm, so you can eat with a fork and a knife. And when completely cooled, the cookie should be firm enough like the cookie in the video above: “Look at the center, it’s cooked, it’s not burnt. This is okay.”
This super quick and easy microwave chocolate chip cookie is a delicious treat only for yourself. Enjoy!Print
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a cup add in light brown sugar and melted unsalted butter and whisk to combine. Then add in pure vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and whole milk and stir to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour in (1) and fold until homogeneous. Finally fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Also dark or special dark chocolate chips are wonderful for this recipe.
- Transfer to a microwavable plate and form one big round cookie. For successful microwaving, the center should be thicker than the edges.
- Now microwave the cookie for 30 seconds at 700W. And again microwave for 20 seconds. Finally microwave for 10 seconds. The power of individual microwave oven varies, so take a look and stop microwaving when the center is set and the edges look still uncooked. The cookie should continue being cooked and get firmer out of the microwave oven.
Just another idea. Out of microwave oven when the brownie is still hot, spread peanut butter or Nutella on top. And let it melt and serve.
This can be also baked in the oven preheated to 350°s F. (180° C.) for about 25 minutes, or until inserted wooden stick comes out clean. And also it’s advisable to reduce the amount of cocoa since it’s rather bitter when baked in oven.